Customer Relationship Management
Databased Customer Relationship Management along the Customer Journey
Professional Customer Relationship Management is a classic win-win situation – the customer and the company benefit. Get your company on the road to success with effective CRM! We will explain to you exactly how successful CRM works. You will find answers to the questions: What are the core elements of CRM? What role does customer satisfaction and emotional customer loyalty play in this? What should you consider when choosing the right CRM software? And to what extent does Omni-Channel-Management support the contact strategy of CRM?
What is Customer Relationship Management (CRM)?
Customer Relationship Management, CRM for short, is the systematic creation of long-term, profitable customer relationships. Based on valid data, the contact and communication strategy is completely customer-oriented: From the acquisition of new customers and the development of emotional customer loyalty to the intensive care and continuous consolidation of a long-term customer relationship. For companies, the central goal is to optimally align the customer journey or customer journey with the customer, ultimately extending the customer life cycle and increasing customer value.
What are the core elements of successful CRM?
- Development of a databased Strategy and a suitable Contact and Communication Strategy
- Central Data Management with transparent Customer Data Administration
- Value-added Customer Insights in the form of valid and usable Data to optimize Marketing, Sales and Customer Service
- Customer-oriented Communication and Cross-Channel Campaigns along the Customer Journey
- Increased Customer Satisfaction and emotional Customer Loyalty according to the FAN Principle
- Expansion of the Customer Life Cycle and increase of the Customer Lifetime Value
- Technological Support through the Integration of databased Tools and automated Software Solutions
How does professional CRM work?
Development of a databased Strategy
When developing a comprehensive CRM Strategy, the prior stocktaking, the definition of requirements and goals, as well as a target group and market analysis provide a fundamental information basis for decisions.
As a result, valid data and the use of modern technologies and systems can be used to initiate a suitable communication strategy via the appropriate contact channels and to automatically run customer-oriented campaigns.
Targeting along the Customer Journey
One of the prerequisites for the implementation of the strategy is a holistic understanding of the customer, since the customer should be optimally reached (targeted) at each individual step along the customer journey. The overarching goal is to establish a long-term customer relationship and increase customer value.
Within a Customer Life Cycle the following stages result:
- Winning new prospective Customers
- Conversion of interested Parties to new Customers
- Developing Customers into Repurchasers
- Creating Loyalty through Satisfaction and Emotionalization according to the FAN Principle
Customer Satisfaction and an emotional Bond
Satisfied customers may develop a greater willingness to buy again – but in order to establish a long-term and profitable customer relationship, emotional bonding is crucial. The Fan Principle describes the innovative measurement methodology of deriving customer relationship management from the behavior of fans. If emotional customer loyalty is present, cross-selling potentials increase as well as the number of referrals; in addition, customers look less for alternatives.
Consequently, high customer satisfaction and a high level of emotional attachment are key prerequisites for customer loyalty. This is regarded as the highest level of customer loyalty and is largely one of the biggest drivers of corporate success. After all, it is not the individual transaction that is decisive, but rather the long-term structure of a profitable customer relationship.
Value-added Data as a Starting Point
The basis for strategic decisions and a successful CRM are complete, valid and usable data. High-quality, value-adding data analytics enable the design of a customer-oriented contact strategy and appropriate communication measures. On the basis of the meaningful information, the customer concern can be followed up as quickly as possible and the customer can be offered optimal and individual support. In customer care, the quality of the data is of particular importance.
The Integration of Systems
In order to structure and organize the multitude of information, it is recommended to use CRM software, which serves as an instrument for data management and contact strategy. This central customer database supports the structured and transparent documentation and administration of customer information.
If used correctly, the software contributes to the optimization of internal communication, interdepartmental cooperation and maximum exploitation of potential. Customer data from the various channels is effectively brought together, analyzed and systematically used for further action in customer dialog. This also reduces the problem of outdated or incorrect customer information as well as knowledge gaps and information loss. Instead, customer interactions are stored and managed centrally at any time and by any contact point. This ensures a uniform, detailed level of information about the customer across departments to achieve more efficient work and increased productivity.
Automation in Marketing, Sales and Customer Service
With the support of CRM Software, various activities in Marketing, Sales and Customer Service can be automated in order to respond to customer requests as efficiently as possible:
- Marketing: Within the scope of marketing automation, high-quality lead generation and personalized addressing of interested parties with relevant content at optimal timing is made possible. In addition, the automated planning, control and analysis of activities saves time, costs and effort.
- Sales: Optimal preparation for customer appointments, a targeted approach and faster recognition of cross- and up-selling potentials is made possible. Sales processes are enormously simplified by the automated data acquisition and data management and appropriate measures are automatically initiated on the basis of accurate forecasts.
- Customer Service: On the basis of the collected customer data, personalized communication with high reaction speed is made possible. Process automation and artificial intelligence offer customers 24/7 real-time interaction and individual support, for example in the form of text- or voice-based dialog systems such as chatbots and voice assistants.
The Selection of the appropriate CRM Software
In order to make the right choice of a suitable system from which they ultimately benefit, the technical and process-related requirements should be defined in advance. Often the decisive factors that speak in favor of a special CRM software are user-friendliness, contact and time management, individual customer service, a central database and the possibility of mobile access.
In order to be able to act on the market in a future-oriented manner and to meet the increasing requirements, software solutions should always be adaptable to the market and company situation. To ensure this, a dynamic combination of standardized, individual or open source software solutions is recommended. With such a hybrid solution, in addition to standardized basic functions for processes in marketing, sales and customer service, individual developments are possible in order to gain fast reaction times, create special IT networks and flexibly make company-specific adjustments.
At which Contact Channels and through which Measures does your CRM Strategy work for your Customers?
Whether classic or progressive – you can reach your Customers better by addressing them directly at various Touchpoints:
- Loyalty Programs: Online Customer Clubs, Bonus and Loyalty Programs, Loyalty Cards, Subscriptions & Memberships, Referral Programs, Customer Magazines
- Digital Marketing: Google Ads, Google MyBusiness, Google Shopping, Social Media Ads, Search Engine Optimization
- E-Mail-Marketing: Mailing Campaigns, Newsletter, Mailing Routes along the Customer Journey, Marketing Automation
- Print Advertising Media: Postal Mailings, Catalogs & Magazines, Inserts, Classic Advertisements with Response Elements
- Web Portals: Online Customer Clubs, Onlineshops, Marketing-Website, Landingpages
- Dialog Programs: Multi-level and channel-specific Dialog Programs, Omni-Channelling, Customer Life Cycle
- Conversational Marketing: Chatbots (Ai-supported), Voicebots, Apps
- Customer Feedback: FAN-Scan, Telephone & Online Surveys
What role does the Omni-Channel Strategy play in CRM?
Purchasing Behavior has changed enormously with Digitalization: Customers use online and offline channels in a largely overlapping manner and jump between the channels within the purchasing process. In addition to their cross-channel information and consumer behavior, customers always expect personalized communication and individualized offers.
In order to achieve high customer satisfaction with simultaneous emotional bonding, it is necessary to network the channels on the company side. The omni-channel strategy enables this interlinking of the channels with each other, but an optimal coordination must be ensured in order to enable consistent communication. On the customer side, these barrier-free interactions and a consistent corporate image at all touch points lead to a positive customer experience.
Benefits of the Omni-Channel Strategy
- Barrier-free Customer Interaction at all Touchpoints along the Customer Journey
- Customer Perception of the Channels no longer as separate Sales Channels
- Changing Channels is possible for the Customer himself at any time through consistent Communication
- Targeted Customer Approach via your preferred Medium
- Positive Customer Experience & Customer Satisfaction
- Touch Point Alignment and Personalization significantly influence Consumer Behavior
- Full Exploitation of Potentials
If customer relationship management is implemented professionally and efficiently right from the start, the company benefits enormously in the long term. According to empirical studies, especially in highly competitive markets, the effort and costs of winning a new customer or winning back a lost customer are higher than those of retaining existing customers. The central goal in CRM is therefore to use valid, value-adding data to turn satisfied customers into emotionally bound, true fans of the company.
Your Press Contact:
2HM Business Services GmbH
Your Contact Person:
Tel: +49 6131-1437168